Sunday, October 26, 2008

Snow Day Number One


What a goofy weekend.
Sorta exhausted from not really doing a whole lot.
Friday night I dragged Deb to see "Lend me a tenor" which was put on by the local community theater group (before seeing the show I was pretty amazed at the dearth of cultural events here, well the show proves there may be some culture here in Grand Forks, I just need to look really hard for it, although that is being hard on a few things I have enjoyed since being here; the farmer's market, the green way paths, and...... I'll have to think of a few others).
Saturday we went to a craft fair that was light on crafts and heavy on mass-marketed products. Not sure if it was worth the two dollars it cost each of us to go in, but I felt good about the snowman painting I bought which states "believe in the magic". I really need to follow this advice.
This morning, Deb dragged me to church (after I dragged her to a community pancake breakfast at the senior center, next time I'm not turning down the opportunity to have home-made whipped cream on my pancakes, I went to a health fair on Thursday and I found out that I'm relatively healthy on my blood tests, I do need to drop the 20 pounds I picked up at the end of grad school, I am now officially obese and not overweight according to the very helpful nurse who read me my results, I tried blaming the heavy sweater I was wearing at the time and Dave was not having it, although he did tell me my weight could be related to my muscle mass, we both had a good laugh at that). Back to church, I guess, well, not all churches are for everybody.

Ohh' wow.
So we knew that the weather was coming (as in, not only did I watch the weather last night and see the storm that was coming, but everyone we meet tells us to "get ready" for six months of winter, and at no time is anyone joking, talking to Joey last weekend he just told to try and pick moments during the winter to remember that it will all end at some point and try to not get too depressed, ha ha, sob weep).
I was amazed at the wind.
Sigh.

Obama
On Friday I read the Times editorial about why they are backing Obama for President.
I'm doing my best to not get excited and thus feel disappointed later.
Believe.
Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home