Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Teams


I have to admit that late on Saturday's I find myself tuning in to whatever game is on (usually one of the wife's teams, lousy Georgia, Tennessee, or whatever schools she is claiming now) to see if Ole Miss won that.
Let's be honest, we attended during the dreadful Coach O years.
While he was comedy gold (read Micheal Lewis's book The Blind Side) his teams found ways to lose at the end of games (and the quarterback which doomed him, again Brent Schaeffer was comedy gold but he, well, was not good either, also, when Ole Miss lost to State last year, Coach O was out 24 hours later, which I predicted to the little woman, however it did not take a psychic for that one).
Glad to see the Rebels win.

Watched the beginning of the game and told the little lady that I believed the Badgers were going to win (if I were a betting person, I would have bet on this, however I would have also bet on Boston College, LSU, Virginia Tech, and other teams that did lose yesterday). It's probably better I do not gamble.
This week I have the privilege to see Wisconsin play North Dakota at the Ralph. That should be good.
Ha Ha.
Go local school (I'm not behind the current logo/mascot which has made it hard to purchase either a hat or sweatshirt since the Sioux logo is everywhere on all clothing items).
Ohh' well. The nickname and logo are not long for this Earth, it seems to be the smart thing to do, however like at Ole Miss, alumni and students feel differently (and as an outsider, do I really understand what all of this means? Nah, more to come on this).
Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home