Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ice Fishing Debry


Yesterday I went ice fishing in Park Rapids Minnesota.
(This picture might not be big but it is pictures from the official website).
Park Rapids is about two and a half hours away from Grand Forks and just south of Itasca State Park (headwaters of the Mississippi, which will be a future visit whenever we get the Jeep fixed again, the Jeep seems to dislike the cold, ha ha).


I went with my boss here at the University.
He picked me up at Nine and we were back by seven. We only spent three hours out on the ice and while I got cold at the end, it was fun.
I have never participated in any kind of fishing derby and this was pretty fun. The gave out raffle prizes throughout (we did not win anything) and we watched a bunch of people catch fish around us (my boss caught three little ones and I watched fish play with two of the minnows I put in the water). We fished in a spot of the lake where the bottom was about five to seven feet below us.
I would like to just fish next time (no time limit and less people) in that I found it easy to just zone out and just stare at the fishing pole. I found it peaceful to just let the pole lay there and watch the bobber bounce around occasionally when the minnow got nervous (which I always believed would lead to something getting caught).
Overall, good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home