Tuesday, October 28, 2008

College Football Mussings


I told the little lady that the only thing I would regret about moving away from Clemson (outside of the all the great people, the education, the climate and living in a cave where it was always dark, damp and sort of sad, "there is evil in there") was if the mighty Clemson football team ran the table and played for either the national championship or in a major bowl game.
Well, nothing to worry about now. After Alabama blew apart the tigers, you just knew it was all over. I think they will win maybe three more games; Boston College (for last year's loss), Duke (Duke is better than in the past), and Virginia or South Carolina (if they beat the gamecocks, thank you for playing Ole' Ball Coach).
Things nay not be all roses and candy there.

I have loved Stanford ever since seeing them play in the 2000 Rose Bowl.
Actually, all of my love is centered on their marching band (the best show by a marching band that I have ever seen, the UW 5th quarter is awesome, but the display of emotion I witnessed by The Leland Stanford Junior University Marching Band was awe inspiring and of all the things I have had stolen from me, the Standford marching band CD was it, I still find myself humming the Green Day song they covered and hear it as a marching band tune, again awesome).
So I root for them. Do not care if the win or lose (to paraphrase Ole Miss, “We may not win every game, but we’ve never lost a marching band contest.”)

Not sure how I feel about what now would be considered, my local Big Ten School (no matter where I have moved, the Big Ten is home, maybe).
Part of me has a deep dislike of all things connected to the 'U', but why? I'm guessing I have seen Minnesota beat many of the teams I have rooted for (Wisconsin football & hockey, Marquette basketball, and UWM baseball) and grew tired of the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, Minnesota, Minnesota, yeahhhhhh gophers.
Or something close to that.
Lousy.

I also wanted to make sure I put in one Brewer Picture on this thing.
I love the commercial where we get to see Ryan Braun's homer interrupted by a phone call.
Feel the tingle.
Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home