Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Walk


We are in the middle of the best ice rain/sleet storm I have ever seen.
Maybe when it has done this in the past, I guess I never left the house.
But today the school did not close classes (my personal theory is that they are saving time for the big flood headed our way, but I was told this morning there is not enough moisture in the snow to flood like it did in '97) and we needed to get into our buildings (I still need to grade some quizzes and finish preparing for class today).


After leaving the building we made it four steps before realizing that our walk was slippery and sort of dangerous (we are old and tend to fall). We barely made it down the slight downhill entrance to the apartments (we had to step into the snow to make it down the pavement part was much too slick and I was sliding on my second step and sort of leaped into the snow to save myself regardless if I got some soakers).
We started walking to school when we saw the students line up to take the bus and since we are nothing of it opportunistic, we jumped into line and took the bus (which was fortunate since we were already soaked and wet and we would have fell at least twice during the walk, so hooray for the bus).
The bus ride was a real campus experience we had not had before (the best conversation I overheard was about a fraternity house we is now on probation due to poor GPAs, the quote was "I guess the good times are over", ha ha, loved it you could feel the pain of not having awesome drunken parties in their voices, classic stuff).
Looking out the window and knowing I need to be on the south side of town later is starting to feel me with dread.
Good times. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home