Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm a Dope



Funny Stuff

This made me laugh.
One of my favorite lessons during a policy class I took at Clemson was in voting on an issue when you are in some sort of committee or at the local level. The key of the lesson (to me) was not in getting a coalition or a majority of people to vote in your favor or even back your issue. The key was in getting people to not vote or to hold a caucus when the people who are not on your side (or not sure and vote against the issue) are not present. Or, making the issue so unclear that people might vote against when in voting against it they be voting for it. I laughed in class pretty hard. To me it was so brilliant in its simplicity, in a group of ten you might only need two other votes to get your proposition passed.
Go Democracy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home