Friday, October 31, 2008

Morning Walk


This morning on the walk to school (I have to give exam #2 to my class and I need to read it out loud one last time to ensure that it makes sense, I have a tendency to write things that make sense to me in my head, however when I say them out loud, well, they seem to be written in gibberish) I saw an awesome sunrise with a sky full of red clouds (this past summer I saw so many awesome sunsets, you forget how great a feeling it is to see them).

The sunrise this morning reminded me of the drives I made with my summer-life-partner Nate from Santa Fe up to Espanola. We would drive in silence for about 35-40 minutes and right before we would the ERD (Espanola Ranger District) we would stop at conspiracy coffee for a donut and coffee for a buck (and once a week our pal the owner would give it to us on the house, unbelievable). At least three times a week (we worked ten hour days) we would look to the right and watch the clouds change colors and since we drove through one long valley, we would have to wait 10 minutes for the sun to peak over the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. The color change was usually slow and reds were vibrant and occasionally oranges and deeper reds seemed like a painting. Awesome stuff. Then again, maybe I was tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home