Thursday, October 30, 2008

WS Game #5


A police officer scatters and puts out a fire on Broad Street near the corner of Walnut Street after the Phillies beat the Tampa Bay Rays in the World Series, in Philadelphia, October 29, 2008. Fans from all over the city gathered on Broad Street near City Hall after the game, several fires were started by fans.
(Jessica Griffin/Staff Photographer Philadelphia Inquirer)

I got home late from the bar (went with the misses to meet some goofy Australian who is apparently breaking the heart of friend of hers, however the bar was fun, including the drunk/lonely guy who came up to our table to tell us Obama was ruining the world series, I sensed his loneliness and asked him some questions including one where he told us/me that he travels so much his wife complains about not getting to spend any time with her, which I didn't want to point out to him that his sitting in a bar without his wife might also be construed as not spending time with her, but whatever) and I got home in time to watch the Phillies retake the lead and then watch Lidge close out the game (which was reminiscent of game one of the brewers' series).
After the last strike-out I watched two interviews then turned it off. Felt sorta cheated of having invested time in a major sport's event and not having that feeling of being happy I watched (or really having a conclusion, it seemed to lack a closing). Might have to rethink my approach to sports. Later I watched Robot Chicken and Moral Orel and that made me laugh (I expressed more emotion watching goofy cartoons rather then baseball's biggest game, weird).

I'm going to vote in a little bit.
Go Democracy! I hope my vote counts (if I was someone who loved challenging elections, I would be someone who I would challenge, new residence, still on the election books in at least four counties: Mississippi, Ohio, Wisconsin & Minnesota).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home