Monday, February 16, 2009

13 Days


A library movie (I'm always a tad less harsh on the movies I get from the library not entirely sure why but I guess since it is the place for the "have-nots" of society, where they can gather and stay warm or have something to do and by using "they" I mean "us", I guess it means I'm usually gonna cut the library some slack which means I'll cut everything that relates back to the library some slack, whatever).
Love goof-ball Costner when he is all about a role. Loved it. Is it a movie for everyone, no. The wife got up after five minutes and left the room. She came back twice and both times sort of gave me a look and then went back to the computer. Thus, if you are a big history fan or like the Kennedys or think the Cold War was interesting, then this is a movie for you, ha ha.
(I have been slowly working my way through the Costner film history for some reason. I watched JFK a few weeks ago, The Big Chill recently, and the Untouchables right after the election {the Chicago way, ha ha}, not sure where this is leading but will most likely watch one Costner movie a month for '09)
One small note on Costner's Boston/new England accent. It took a few scenes to fully appreciate it and then it seemed natural (like when you watch his Robin Hood movie and realize that he does not have an English accent after a couple of scenes, just saying).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home